Sunday, September 11, 2005

A day to remember

Well Sept. 11 has come again, and I wonder a few things. I watched a special on TV on flight 93 (the one that went down in the field). It is a story that if true (about thier heroism) is a heart wrenching one. For some reason it makes me feel guilty again about leaving the Marines knowing we were going to war. I am almost near tears when I hear about Marines especially dieing in Iraq. I wonder was I wrong for leaving the Marines for so petty a reason as I didn't like being treated like a kid by superiorers. I feel the guilt every time I think about it. I sometimes wish that on those lists of the dead I should be there up there. Is this some morbid desire to be immortalized or do I really wish to gove my life for our way of life. I don't really know. All I do know is that I have a deep respect for anyone soldier or civilian who gives thier life for our great country.
I also have a newfound dis-trust of Arabs in general. With the way the terrorists so easily (becuases they had no bad history of anything terrorist related or not) came here and lived among us it leaves me no choice but to be dis-trustful of these possible sleeper cells. Another group I have come to greatly dislike from this event is the leftist radicals that call Iraq an oil war, etc....
Anyways on a lighter note I worked at stop and shop today, and Chris (the guy training me for closing shift) was not as annoying as usual. If you have ever met a dungeons and dragon fanatic then you would know the type. I also went to Dan and Sarah Johnson's wedding reception today. They make a nice couple. It makes me jealous though to see all my friends and family getting married around me while I still yet to even get a girlfriend. I must be trying to hard or something because I feel like a crack monkey right now chomping at the bit to get married. I guess not so much becuase everyone else is , but becuase the one thing I feel is missing is companionship. I know some of that s filled by God but there is a physical companionship that can only be filled by a lover and a friend. In short being single sucks big time. Well I can't talk your ears off all at once besides you probly need your ears. Talk to ya later.

No comments: