Saturday, January 28, 2006

Just imagine hell........OK now imagine that times 10

Well After moving a quiz to thursday rushing around to get all the gear i needed and packing for the trip I got to bed thurs night at 2 a.m. I then got up at 4 a.m. and we drove downtown to tranfer our gear into a van filled with exchange students from germany, france, and england. After packing and repacking the van we finally start to drive out of town at 5:30 a.m. One nice thing about the trip, a van full of hot female exchange students is not all bad.
Finally after stoping for bathroom, coffee, bathroom, bathroom, bath....(ok a van full of girls is maybe not a good thing) we get to a very crouded Mt. Batchloer. It's free ski day if you bring three cans. Which Dave (the only other american with us) bought out all the stores around town of creamed corn. OK so now i'm stoked becuase I have a snowboard, im at the mountain for free and ready to get it on. So we head up to the top of the easy runs. But some of the tracks are not easyone's and they are not so clearly marked. So somehow I got onto a run called cliffhanger. I kept thinking in between heavy breaths (becuase i can barley stay on my feet its so damn steep) That even Stallone couldn't pull this off. So now that im off on my own I finally start to kinda get the hang of it. But I miscalculated a bump in the run. So as I went airborne I started to think why they hell am i even out here i hate skiing. It was interesting to see the ground come rushing up to your face right before you hit it. Luckily my butt was frozen solidly shut or when i folded over backwards i think my ass might have enveloped my head. (I wonder if i could get into the book of world records) As my spine springboarded my body back into the air I went flying a few more feet down the hill landing on my tailbone. For a few seconds I couldn't move my legs. I thought well at least maybe those hot french chicks will feel some sympathay for me. I must have been in shock becuase i just kind of slid down the hill on my face for about 2 mins. After getting up and walking down the hill I found out that, surprise surprise, I was at the wrong lodge. So Just having a near death experience I decided to walk down the ICY highway to the next lodge. So after two near death experiences I made it back to the lodge we had parked at. I decided that some of the lovley lodge chili would be great. Don't believe them even though it says hot delicious chili on the sign what it really means is we just opened this can of really crappy chili without heating it and are now serving it to you in a stale bread bowl. I felt like I was in Stalig 17 or something eating meager rations almost freezing to death becuase I happened to forget my snowpants and had to snowboard in jeans.
OK now finally back into the van we set off to Eugene. I don't know who told the german guy to drive , but even being from germany apearantly he has never heard of the autobahn. Even though the highway was well posted with 60mph signs we averaged 40mph. Not to mention I think he has never grasped the concept of coasting. Anyway finally reaching home I sunk myself into the hot tub and then went to bed and watched season 2 of lost untill 4 a.m. So now im taking myself back to bed just glad to finally be done with one hell of a friday night.

1 comment:

ah said...

The part about realizing you don't even like skiing while airborne was hilarious. I am laughing out loud. Right now.