Monday, October 31, 2005

He was made a servant unto the Lord, and he was blessed greatly among all men.

I have always wanted to get my ears pierced ever since I saw my first pirate movie. With thier swaggering charm and manly scars. Ear rings were all part of the persona. I mean really in a time of sissy dressing men Pirate's were real men's men.
As I grew up my parents forbid us boys to get our ears pierced. Probobly a good idea since it wasn't very custom to our time. Now that I'm 25, free of my parents rule(technically)and free from the Marines I have gotten my ears pierced, and I am posting today to help those who wish to read this why.
For the vast majority of our civilized world Slaves and servants have existed(even to this day). One sign of slavery is the pierceing of the ears. As God called us to be servants and humble I have taken to fasting once a week to consider these things. I use fasting as a way to remind myself of my duty, not just my duty but my pleasure of serving Christ. I have taken to piercing my ears as an added reminder that I AM a servant of God, He has blessed me, I should rejoice in being able to serve him, not window shop over sinful acts.
Now don't get me wrong here but there is also a dual purpose in getting my ears pierced. I also wanted to be abl to wear all different kinds of ear rings becuase I think they are cool. Like I said though missunderstand my earlier statement as a cover up to my true intentions. My true intentions are that they will be a reminder to myself that I should humble myself before the work of the Lord.

No comments: