Wednesday, October 26, 2005

All things in time will burn.

Well one guy left work and another got injured so there is only two guys working this week, me and the manager. Guess who gets the crap shift. Anyways I have been working at this store for around two months now. I have seen alot of the lower end of society.
i.e. One woman comes in with her two teenage kids (both of whom spend alot of money on candy and the like at other times) and hands me her Oregon Trail Card (Food Stamps and welfare money rolled into a debit like card). She spends around 30 dollars on junk food and soda, then she buys, with the welfare portion, around 50 dollars in scratch lottery tickets. When she told me that she wanted to put the lotto tickets on the welfare I almost blew my top. I can barely believe that this is legal. It sure as heck shouldn't be. Our stores biggest sellers are cigarettes, beer, and lottery in that order. It's acually kinda sad to see people wasting thier money, and our tax dollars away.

I also have been propositioned several times while working there which while flattering in one sense, in a more important measure is disgusting. I am remembering the sermon last sunday all week about how we shouldn't find sin tempting, but find it horrible. One great quote from the sermon was talking about how "dogs return to thier vomit" It is so true that we should find sin (vomit) disgusting yet we return to our sins anyway. I find myself thinking alot about that lately. So I have decided to try to fast and pray once a week to help me think about my relationship with God and my walk as a christian. I tried to today but it is so temping to do at work becuase i'm around candy and food all day. I have decided that a weekend day or non-workday is a better choice. I think being temped so much to eat can only lead to failure every time.

Work on the house is going well although this week I have not been able to do as much as I would have liked to.

Next weekend I'm hosting a costume party at my house which hopefully will prove to be a good time. I have invited quite a few people and I have a week to get the house ready. Ok tired must do work and sleep cya lata all.

No comments: