Saturday, October 08, 2005

Dinner

Well I just got back from wedding crashers, the movie. In some ways I found the movie to be increadable funny yet at the same time derogitory and shameless. Anyways If you liked Old School you will probobly enjoy it.
TO the Dinner! I made a dinner tonight for some friends of mine, Micheal (canadian dude), Sarah (RUF gal), and Slappy. I invited a few others but apearantlt people have busy lives. To the point now.
For an appitizer I made asperigus wrapped in procuittio, and Italian mushrooms stuffed with chopped onions and green olives. For the main course I served a light salad and lemon garlic tenderlion, which I baked slightly too long, with a cabernet sauvignon. Then we had some cherry chocolate ice cream for dessert. I guess the only part I wasn't very happy about was forgetting to buy napkins and not having a great place setting set.
Over all I thought everything tasted great but I'm hardly not bias. Tonight has only reinforced my desire to attend the culinary arts school.
Work is going well and I got offered another job working as a dishwasher at a really nice resturant/bar where with time, not alot hopefully, I will woprk up to prep cook. Either way I think it's a good idea to start to get into the resturant buisness if I'm looking at becoming a chef in the future.

3 comments:

nokomis said...

it sounds like cooking runs in the family, you can hold the role of master chef, i'll grate cheese and stir pots for you.

Holli said...

I didn't get any cooking genes so I'm glad that ya'll did! Otherwise we would all be eating chili or ravioli (that was previously frozen) every night for dinner as those are the only two things I've been able to consistently make without screwing up. Oh yeah... or waffles. Bisquick is key.

ah said...

mmm, waffles