Friday, April 16, 2010

You had to know this was coming

No I'm not converting to Jackieism. I'm posting an update on the tattoo front. Up first we have the initial chest piece.



This was a particularly painful experience. I'll just say that if you enjoy a bunch of miniature pirates dancing around on your chest with two needles for peg legs than you might like this. Next up is the finished product.



My views on tattoos may seem obvious to you but I have a few things to say about it. So if your bored by my ability to talk endlessly on subjects you don't give a crap about don't bother reading. That said...

Many people have quoted some scripture over the last few years apppreantly pointing to "concrete evidence" that tattoos are "gonna buy you a one way ticket to eternal pain and suffering in satan's playland." Well first off I say to them show me the scripture. Always the first one is Lev 19:28. I say ok cool you can read that's nice. Now lets apply those skills and expand our minds here as long as we are in Lev lets see what the rest of the passage has to say. In Lev 19:20 God says if you sleep with your slave woman you can be forgiven of your sin with the downright cheap offering of a ram. Nice lets see what else. Lev 19:27 says don't shave off your sideburns or the edges of your beard. Looks like even God is not a fan of the sideburnless goatee.

So after sinking their battleship usually they move on to 1 Cor 6:19 Don't you know your body is a temple? Just for shits and giggles lets throw in verse 20. Glorify God with your body. Ok take those two alone and lets look at what tattoos I have. BAM in your face! Now lets be real and look at the verse in whole. Yup that's right he is talking about sexual immorality. OOOOOO sorry do not pass go do not collect 200 dollars. Ok so I think point is taken right? Unless you have no understanding of covenant theology and contextual reading of the bible.

But in all seriousness let me say that I know some people do not have a firm grasp on the Word and that we need to encourage them in love and understanding. So hopefully this will help on getting the word out to the peeps. I'm going to bed and you can't stop me!

3 comments:

nokomis said...

It all goes to show that proof-texting is a load of shit.

I was just reading this book that said that when people start using one-liners from the bible to prove a point that they want to make, you can just as easily take another one-liner to prove them them wrong. This stalemate is referred to as a "text-jam". This whole thing with people trying to condemn you to Satan's play land is a good example of how much of a waste it is to read the Bible like a book of pithy quotes instead of the Living word of God that must be taken as a whole.

nokomis said...

Sweet tats BTW

Reido Bandito said...

BAM